ACH Auto Withdrawal form Water Svc
Garbage & Recycling
Friday – West Side of Town
Thursday – East Side of Town and everything North of Hwy 18
Trash Bin Sizes Available and Cost:
32 gallon – $8.61/month
64 gallon – $11.79/month
96 gallon – $14.67/month
Every house is provided with a 64-gallon recycling bin at the cost of $4.18/month. The monthly recycling charge is mandatory whether it is used or not. Recycling is picked up every other week on the same day of your trash pick-up. Please see the calendar below for the recycling schedule which is shown in green.
Residential Holiday Schedule:
Absolute Waste Removal staff works all holidays except Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. If the holiday falls on or before your pick-up day, your service will be delayed by one day.
2020 Holiday Schedule:
- New Year’s Day – Wednesday, January 1, 2020. Monday through Friday service will be delayed by one day.
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31, 2020. Monday through Friday service will be delayed by one day.
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4, 2020. Monday through Friday service will be delayed by one day.
- Labor Day – Monday, September 7, 2020. Monday through Friday service will be delayed by one day.
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 26, 2020. Thursday and Friday service will be delayed by one day.
- Christmas Day – Friday, December 25, 2020. Monday through Friday service will be delayed by one day.
* Payments are due on or before the 29th (28th in February) day of each month.
* Late penalties are assessed immediately after end of the day on the due date (4:30 p.m.)
* Delinquent notices will be printed and mailed within 3 days after the due date.
* 10- 14 days notice will be given on delinquent notice.
* Last date of payment before shut off will always be on a Tuesday (end of business day) with shut-off Wednesday morning
* A $100.00 reconnect fee will be assessed to the property once the disconnection process begins
* Past due balance and disconnect fees must be paid in full before re-connection of services
* Services will NOT be restored after regular business hours or on weekends.
* Customers have the right to submit a written request for an extension/exception that complies with the exception policy.
* If a check is returned for non-sufficient funds from the bank after the shut-off date, services may be automatically disconnected without notice and assessed the $100.00 reconnect fee plus a $35 service charge for the non-sufficient check.
* Customer must be able to pay at least twenty-five 25% of the bill to qualify for extension
* Customer must submit a written request with detailed information on when the City can expect full payment that is no more than 3 business days.
* Customer can request no more than 2 exceptions in a 12 month calendar period.
* Customer must have 6 months of current/on-time payments to qualify for 1st exception.
* The City Administrator/Clerk, Deputy Clerk, Mayor, or Public Works Director will review and authorize all exception/extension.
* All exception/extensions will be recorded. Any customer that fails to comply with the written request will not be allowed to request another exception until there is 6 months of on-time payments.
* Deferred payment agreements can be made on a very rare occurrence. A rare occurrence would qualify if a water usage increased by at least 200% due to unknown leak/running water AND bill is over $125.00.
* If customer wishes to sign a deferred agreement, the calculated payment must be enough to pay the entire balance prior to the next billing cycle. Deferred payment agreements will be arranged for weekly or bi-weekly payments.
ORDINANCE NO. 6-5-4 BILLING, PENALTY.
Utility bills shall be due on the 29th day of the month following the period for which service is billed (28th day for the month of February). Payment shall be made to the City Clerk. Bills shall become delinquent after the 30th (28th day of February) day of the month in which due and bills paid after said say shall have added a penalty of ten (10%) percent of the amount of the total bill for city utilities. When the 29th (28th day of February) day falls on Saturday or Sunday, the City Clerk shall accept payment on the next office day without penalty.
ORDINANCE NO. 6-5-5 DISCOUNTING SERVICE, FEES
2. If the service is discontinued for nonpayment of fees and charges, or for the violation of any Ordinance, a fee of $100.00 shall be paid to the City Clerk in addition to the rates or charges then due before such service is restored. If payment is made to the Superintendent or the Superintendent’s designee at the time of disconnection, that shall be a charge of $100.00. If any such charge is not paid within sixty (60) days from the date it is due, the same shall constitute a lien upon the premises served by said municipal system, which said lien shall be collected in the same manner as taxes.