BIDCO (Britt Industrial Development Corporation) is a non-profit corporation operating to attract new businesses to the community of Britt, assist existing businesses to grow and prosper, and coordinate with the city of Britt, the Britt Area Chamber of Commerce and Hancock County to facilitate growth.
Incentives available include:
- Property Tax Abatement
- Tax Increment Financing
- 5% Revolving Loan Fund from the City of Britt
- Job Training and Assistance Programs
- Small Business Administration Loans
- Various State/Federal incentives
- Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center at North Iowa Area Community College
BIDCO was formed on February 26, 1957, when a movement was undertaken through the Britt Commercial Club and various service organizations to stimulate the industrial and commercial development of the city of Britt. Today, BIDCO partners with the city and other Northern Iowa Regional Economic Development boards to assist entrepreneurs, as well as new or existing businesses or organizations with local and state/federal assistance.BIDCO is a member of the Hancock County Economic Development Corporation.